Olotya! (Hello, how are you?)
I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting everyday, we are working on getting some better internet connections. Also it could take almost an hour just to post a single picture, so I am not sure I will be able to post any.
The other day we went to listen to a speaker by the name of Patrick Bitature. He is an entrepreneur that was the co-founder of Simba Telecome. It is one of Africa's largest cellular phone companies and local entrepreneur as his latest venture, Hotel Protea. We actually had the opportunity to go to his hotel for his lecture. It was extremely nice and looked like a typical resort in the United States.
Something that I really took away from his presentation was his definition of entrepreneurship. He said it was, "the feeling that you need and desire to make your dreams into a reality. That you need to take your desire, drive, leadership, and dream to fulfill your passion." I may not want to create my own business but it has really given me the opportunity to think about my dreams in life. I believe that entrepreneurship allows you to embrace all of your God given talents and those other skills acquired and apply them to whatever you want to see come of your life.
I am learning so much and really am starting to take a lot from this trip. It will be interesting to talk more with everyone when I get back.
With Love from the "Pride Lands"
No comments:
Post a Comment