Tuesday, May 15, 2012

All Packed and Ready to Go!!

I can't believe I am leaving for Africa tomorrow... this is absolutely mind blowing.  I have always wanted to travel, I would say it was my absolute top dream in my life.  Even when I was younger and thought I was going to be a professional soccer player (good joke) I knew I was going to travel the world.  The profession may be different but the dream still strong and true.

But I am "all packed and ready to go",  I am actually managing to take only two suitcases and a backpack for THREE WEEKS in Uganda.  I think it is pretty impressive, my dad might say otherwise... I leave tomorrow from the O'Hare airport where I will be off to meet the rest of my group in Detroit.  That is where my amazing journey begins, 14 hours or so later I will be in Uganda!

I am so incredibly excited, it is hard for me to think of adjectives to even describe my excitement.  But I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous.  I am nervous that I am not going to be able to sleep on the plane.  I know it is a long flight, but I've never been a fan of sleeping on things that move.  I guess that's why they created Advil PM.  I am also nervous about the food I am going to eat.  I have no problem trying new things, I actually made it an objective to myself to try everything I am served, at least one bite.

Please follow my blog, I will post as often as I can and post pictures here and on my Facebook too!

With love from the "Pride Lands"!

No comments:

Post a Comment